Hi there, I'm Daniel, a web developer, language trainer, volunteer programming coach and amateur freestyle footballer, although my knees don't seem to agree.
Originally from Brighton in the UK, I now feel right at home in the even-less-temperate city of Helsinki.
From front end to full stack
My speciality is the front end, but I'm keen to understand the back end better, so in autumn 2019, I started the Full Stack Open 2019 course provided by the University of Helsinki. I expect to complete this course before the end of 2019. Here are some of the course exercises I have completed so far, and here are the rest.
Volunteering at Codebar Helsinki
Side projects (using React and Vue)
I love planning out and developing language learning applications. Here are some examples, and also one recruitment test project.
- Description: A web app for English learners
- Tech: Gatsby, React (hooks), Tailwind CSS
- Notes: A work in progress, this app is a refined version of English Camp below, with better UX and simpler code.
- Website | Code
#2: English Camp
- Description: A web app for learning English or Finnish
- Tech: Gatsby, React (Class components)
- Notes: An earlier iteration of Lingomotive above, with poorer style and UX. The code also got quite hairy in the end.
- Demo | Code
#3: Digia recruitment test
#4: Finnish Flashcards
- Description: A web app for learning English or Finnish.
- Tech: Vue, Tailwind CSS
- Demo | Code